Hiya

Thanks for popping in. It's always nice to know when somebody has been to visit so feel free to leave a comment....
especially if it's a nice one.. ...LOL



Thursday, 31 July 2008

Place cards

My lovely neice's wedding is fast approaching (31st August) and now I have to start on favours, order of service, menus, place cards, table numbers, table plan and flowers for the tables.
Now I've written it all down it seems like a lot, but I won't panic.....much.
I was playing around with place cards today and have came up with a cuttlebug butterfly. I've used them on the invitations (pic further back on blog) and I'll be using them on the order of service and menu too...

I made a table and worked out the placing of my names,
then cut out, folded and put them through the big shot
using my cuttlebug butterfly. Just remember to keep the
card just under the top of the wings to give a hinge.







My next thought was to make it so it would sit on a wine glass...
so on the back butterfly, I cut a slit up each wing from the bottom
nearly to the top...put a little bit of dst on the big part of each wing,
and made a clip.
This is the view from the back..I've put it onto a bit of card to show how it grips.







Now it's up to Annette to decide whether she wants them to be free standing or on the wine glasses. Of course, it wouldn't be me without a bit of bling ...so I always add a gem to the ladies' place cards.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Margaret, these are beautiful.what a great idea, i love them on the glass

Norma x

Anonymous said...

luv those butterflies Margaret l use them alot........luv Dimps xxxx

Jackie said...

Brilliant job Margaret, like Norma, I prefer the ones on the glasses, is something slightly different. look forward to seeing the rest as and when you wade through it lol.... lovely hun, well done xx

Jak Heath said...

They are so sweet,
I bet they look fabulous with the wedding setting.

Anonymous said...

A brilliant idea, they are beautiful

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous Margaret - both sorts. x

Pam Swadling said...

Very pretty, and original idea.


Pam

Cazz said...

these are sooooo pretty hun xxxx

well done xx

Liz said...

Gorgeous place settings Margaret, so different! x

rhomin said...

That won't be easy to choose Margaret as they are bot lovely! Great idea puting the die just below the fold. How did you print the names and get them so well lined up they are perfect and so professional looking.
Rhonda

Bev said...

Oh my word!! Absolutley brilliant idea Margaret