
On Monday we went to Dalkeith to Southfield Stationers...as it was a lovely day and my brother was visiting from Bournemouth we took a detour to Rosslyn Chapel, of Da Vinci Code fame.
The architecture is absolutely stunning even although it has been eroded over the past 500 odd years and is definately worth a visit if you are in the area. Even if you don't like architecture, Rosslyn Glen is next to it and the scenery is breathtaking and a walkers' paradise.
Was working all day on Tuesday and spent yesterday doing 13 New Home cards. Wullie works for a housing association and their Director personally gives one of my cards to each new tenant when they move into their new home. I think it's a fab idea...even if I have to make them at short notice.
Today I made two cards for my toughest client...Lisa...my lovely daughter (joking of course). She walked in as I was half way through the first one and just looked at it....and that was enough...she didn't like it. Didn't matter that I wasn't finished it....
Of course...as soon as she went to the gym I ripped it to pieces
All I changed on it was I ripped off the letters , added the glitter panels and stuck the letters back on.
It's 3 x A4 sheets of a lovely blue shiny card that I've had for years and never used, stuck together and accordian folded to DL size. I added the navy blue card panels and then tried printing onto the pale blue glossy card...it worked a treat and took the print really well and no smudging.
When she came back from the gym she was over the moon with it.
So...this is the quickest exploding box that has ever been made.
Well...it took me about two hours....but believe me for me that's quick....I like to let my work develop at it's own pace....not be rushed.
It ended up ok though and she was thrilled with it.
Well it's nearly 4am and I'm up for work at 7 am so I better go to bed.
Night night.

4 comments:
Lovely card and exploding box Margaret. Hope you have recovered and had a nice rest after all your hard work. x
Beautiful card & box Margaret.
Please pop over to my blog I have something for you x
Good grief woman, how do you fit all that into one day and still manage to make such beautiful creations!!
There is something on my blog for you hun
They're both fantastic Margaret.
I've also got something for you on my blog.
Karen xx
Post a Comment