I've sat up all night making a couple of cards ordered by my friend Rosie...she gets so excited when she sees her cards that I have to rack my brains to come up with something different every time.
Unfortunately I'm usually rushing at the last minute to get them to her and haven't been getting photos of them which I'm gutted about, because I have done some really nice ones.
Anyway....this one is a gate fold, which opens up to have an accordian card at each side.
This is it closed..it's C5 size... I used Pink leather look card for the base. Then I layered up a beautiful Gold card with sparkle in it which I got from Southfield Stationers in Dalkeith....the next layer is a pink and white stripe paper from dcwv spring matstack. I printed the numbers on the back of the gold card and cut them out, then mounted them with foam tape. I edged the numbers with gold peel offs and added some clear gems to them.
I layered my verses at either side with a nice 12 x 12 from the Sharon Ann delightful collection and edged them with peel offs.
I trimmed the bit at the back with a sliver of the same card and peel offs. All I did then was add a few wee flowers here and there.
Then I had to decide what to put it in.
I took another 12 x 12 which I picked up when I was at Arjo Wiggins in Aberdeen...it's an off white waffle type card...the texture is fab....anyway I decided to treat it like an envelope and footered (scottish word) with it until I had an exact sized envelope/box. I made holes in the back and added eyelets and threaded a pink chiffon ribbon through which I will tie in a bow to keep the envelope closed. On the front I used a strip of the 12 x 12 (it's joined in the middle but nobody will ever know ;) ) and made a daisy with the same card and some of the parchment. Finished it off with gems in the centre of the daisy, peel offs along the centre strip and some peel off words.
I'm delighted with it....
now I wonder how I can talk Wullie (my oh) into delivering it for me...;D
1 comment:
Now this is blooming brilliant Margaret, love the idea and I bet Danielle did too!
Post a Comment