Hiya

Thanks for popping in. It's always nice to know when somebody has been to visit so feel free to leave a comment....
especially if it's a nice one.. ...LOL



Sunday, 11 September 2011

Long time....again!!

Just after I managed to remember my login details in November and promised to keep my blog up to date, my brother, William, died very suddenly. He had the flu...just the flu....not swine flu or anything fancy...the ordinary everyday flu. He had arthritis and had gold injections, which he knew lowered his imune system, but didn't think anything was wrong. He went to work on Tuesday and said he would work from home on Wednesday and Thursday. He phoned his next door neighbour on Thursday at lunchtime and just managed to speak his name...he went straight over and called the paramedics. When they arrived the asked "do you have cancer Bill?"...to which he replied.."I bloody hope not." they all laughed, he walked out to the ambulance and arrested in the back of the ambulance before they could move off. Unfortunately for us...he lived in Bournemouth and we live in Scotland and it was the worst weather in living history. It took us 12 hours to get there. Half way there I had a call from the consultant (as I was his next of kin) to tell us not to hurry as it was very unlikely he would be alive by the time we got there. However he was, although linked to every kind of machine. We said our goodbyes and the decision was made by us to turn off the machines. I knew he had made a living will asking not to be kept on life support and made everyone aware of this. He died shortly afterwards leaving a huge big gaping hole in my heart. I believe that our friends and family never leave us, but it's still hard.
I made sure he had the best funeral that Bournemouth has ever saw, he had the works. Even a piper and a masonic guard of honour, as he was a freemason. He had so many friends...wonderful people who I'll never forget.
So...not been a lot of crafting going on in my wee world. I do what I'm forced to do and very little more. My friend, Rosie, says she's my therapy as she keeps ordering cards from me and refuses to take no for an answer. She's right though, I really need to get this craft room into shape and get on with my life.
Well if anybody ever stumbles across this and reads it, I hope you are not too depressed by it.
I'm usually quite a happy wee bunny.

No comments: